Episode 116 – Aaron Mazzrillo on The Military Millionaire Podcast
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Join David Pere and Aaron Mazzrillo as they talk about becoming an expert in your niche and staying true to what you want as a real estate investor.
Aaron served in the US Navy for six years before exploring a career in the real estate space. While working as an estimator for a construction company, he bought a pre-foreclosure listed house and worked on rehabbing it himself. He decided to quit his day job and go full time on real estate investing. Aaron is a licensed real estate broker, doing his own deals and managing his own company. He owns several houses and apartment buildings in Southern California and has also wholesaled and flipped hundreds of houses. He remains focused on his niche and his goal of flipping ten houses at a time, which he considers the sweet spot to his business’s operation.
In this episode, Aaron shares some solid advice on single-family investing, getting clear with your goals, having the right mindset about wealth, and living a happy and contented life. Stay tuned!
Outline of the Episode:
- [05:12] Entering the Navy to escape a life of poverty.
- [07:13] Exploring his career options outside the military after six years of service.
- [09:51] Getting into the real estate space and learning how to rehab an entire house.
- [13:37] Leaving his day job and going full time into real estate
- [17:25] Focusing on education and on building his network by attending various meetups.
- [22:42] Sticking to his target market and creating a good reputation with his real estate products.
- [26:11] The advantages of investing in single-storey properties.
- [28:27] What are the challenges of investing in ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units)?
- [34:42] The importance of having control over your data. We’re in a data-driven world!
- [39:03] Why you should consider being your own real estate agent?
- [40:57] The increase in demand for houses with backyards because of the pandemic. It’s been phenomenal for flippers!
- [41:46] Being clear with the direction you want for your real estate business. It’s all about intention and focus.
- [43:39] What’s the most in-demand piece of real estate in the world?
- [45:36] The riches are in niches!
- [50:27] Why real estate is a lot like fishing?
- [54:21] There’s a period of sacrifice, and we’re all going to pay it.
- [57:36] Money makes interest. Knowledge earns profits.
- [59:00] Banking experiences and staying true to what makes you happy.
- [01:03:46] Get off of Netflix and learn everything you can from Youtube.
Advice to an 18-20-year old:
“You will have a period of sacrifice. You can do it now, or when you’re old.”
“Money makes interest, Knowledge makes profit!”
People are lending you money, not the asset…so learn about money!
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/aaronthehousebuyer/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/aaron.mazzrillo
- LinkedIn – com/in/aaron-mazzrillo-1698211b8
- Gary Johnston Seminars – https://garyjohnston.com/
- Invest in Debt by Jimmy Napier – https://garyjohnston.com/registration-and-products/invest-in-debt-2/
- Landlord.com – https://www.mrlandlord.com/7/
Follow our journey!
- Blog – https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/Frommilitarytomillionaire/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735593999901619/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/frommilitarytomillionaire/
BiggerPockets: https://www.biggerpockets.com/ (use code DAVID for 20% discount on pro membership)
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Recommended books and tools: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
My name is David Pere, I am an active duty Marine, and have realized that service members and the working class use the phrase “I don’t get paid enough” entirely too often. The reality is that most often our financial situation is self-inflicted. After having success with real estate investing, I started From Military to Millionaire to teach personal finance and real estate investing to service members and the working class. As a result, I have helped many of my readers increase their savings gap, and increase their chances of achieving financial freedom! – Click here to SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Q3EvfE to the channel for more awesome videos!
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.