Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Join your hosts, David Pere and Alex Felice, with guest Austin Clark as they talk about the quarter method, the thing you need to get past first before investing, and not letting anyone use your age to measure your abilities and course of action.
As Austin shares his experience and plans, we’ll take away a ton of insight on the importance of knowing a market, the acronym that everyone in real estate should be familiar with, and the reason why he hates being asked about five-year plans so much. For him, not locking in on long-term goals can be okay.
With the right mindset towards normalizing discomfort, not having total control of your money, and weighing education over action, listen to how a soldier in his 20s brave the possibilities of passive investing.
About Austin Clark:
Austin is a soldier, investor, lover of life, and an aspiring physique competitor and fitness-enthusiast. Gaining financial independence and living a healthy, fulfilled lifestyle is his lifelong goal. He wants to share and show the people the successes, failures, and all of the in-betweens of his life and journey.
Sponsor: Need help finding a realtor like the one Austin used? We’ve got you covered! Simply fill out this short form, and I’ll connect you with one of the real estate agents in our vast network: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/va-realtor/
Outline of the episode:
- [02:12] Started investing in ETFs.
- [03:48] The story behind the first purchase.
- [05:14] On adding value to a property in a high-potential area that people overlook.
- [10:05] Leaving the military, going all-in on real estate, and building a brand.
- [11:16] A guy in his 20s educating about money.
- [13:51] Intellectual: Create a space to reach out to people and for your narrative.
- [15:17] Build your capital first, then diversify.
- [15:56] The B.R.R.R.R. Approach.
- [17:08] How not focusing on long-term goals can be a good thing.
- [19:33] What do you need to do before transitioning?
- [21:05] This is what happens if you do not know your market…
- [24:18] The Quarter Method: On Education and Action.
- [26:42] What sense of control you need to get past with.
- [27:44] Initial steps for those who are new in the military and in investing.
- [30:45] “Don’t let anyone define what you can do based on your age.”
Platforms used by Austin Clark:
Follow From Military to Millionaire’s journey on:
Advice to an 18-20-year old:
Never let your age dictate what you can or can’t do, and never let somebody else dictate it because of your age.
Need help finding a realtor like the one Austin used? We’ve got you covered! Simply fill out this short form, and I’ll connect you with one of the real estate agents in our vast network: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/va-realtor/
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Recommended books and tools: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
My name is David Pere, I am an active duty Marine, and have realized that service members and the working class use the phrase “I don’t get paid enough” entirely too often. The reality is that most often our financial situation is self-inflicted. After having success with real estate investing, I started From Military to Millionaire to teach personal finance and real estate investing to service members and the working class. As a result, I have helped many of my readers increase their savings gap, and increase their chances of achieving financial freedom! – Click here to SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Q3EvfE to the channel for more awesome videos!
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.