Episode 123 – Alex Breshears on The Military Millionaire Podcast
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Join your hosts, David Pere and Alex Felice, with their guest, Alex Breshears, to talk about everything you need to know, especially if you’re new, about private lending. Alex introduces the discussion with her primary struggles in establishing a career as a military spouse and her personal experience in active investing.
Alex founded and led a community wherein she teaches people everything essential about private lending and being a passive real estate investor.
In this episode, Alex shares her views on an abundance mindset and how she believes that the more people knew about private lending, the more it takes Wall Street to the main street.
About Alex Breshears:
Alex is a private money lender and an educator for private lending and passive investing in real estate. A community group leader, Limited Partner in syndications, aspiring general partner for multi-family syndications, and EMD funder for syndications.
Alex Breshears’ mission is to help and inspire others to foster a win-win situation that increases her network and the community’s prosperity. She is a military spouse from New Orleans, Louisiana that values strong partnerships with others and a fabulous crawfish boil!
Alex believes that it is essential to smile because life is short and that it is important to make conscious choices each day for success.
Outline of the episode:
- [1:55] ‘Real Estate Hazing’: The two common options presented to newcomers in real estate investing.
- [3:33] How serendipity occasionally steps into our lives.
- [12:09] What is good about Private Lending?
- [16:22] A thing or two about being a landlord and working with an active investor.
- [17:37] The slight pros of working without institutional ties.
- [19:58] Taking home half of the positive outtake is better than taking in full – nothing.
- [20:30] The essence of Private Lending: What else is it?
- [23:27] A problematic mindset that most beginners in real estate suffer and the lesson to learn.
- [28:18] The two necessary steps to start enhancing your real estate resume.
- [31:56] “How you do anything is how you do everything.”
- [35:15] What is it about a deal that should excite?
- [50:09] The mindset to have when entering real estate investing.
- [52:06] When should you start talking to private lenders? Knowing their playbook.
- [53:27] An advice to anyone entering Private Lending.
- [1:04:09] Alex’s words on an abundance mindset.
Advice to an 18-20-year old:
There are more options in real estate than just rentals and house flips!
American Association of Private Lenders (AAPL)
Get connected to a VA Realtor and/or Lender: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/va-realtor/
Private Lending Lessons on Facebook (Group):
American Association of Private Lenders (AAPL):
Follow our journey:
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Recommended books and tools: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
My name is David Pere, I am an active duty Marine, and have realized that service members and the working class use the phrase “I don’t get paid enough” entirely too often. The reality is that most often our financial situation is self-inflicted. After having success with real estate investing, I started From Military to Millionaire to teach personal finance and real estate investing to service members and the working class. As a result, I have helped many of my readers increase their savings gap, and increase their chances of achieving financial freedom! – Click here to SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Q3EvfE to the channel for more awesome videos!
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.