Episode 119: Vince Gethings on The Military Millionaire Podcast
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Join David Pere and Vince Gethings as they talk about achieving financial freedom while on active duty and successfully transitioning from military to civilian life.
Vince is a multifamily investor, real estate investment coach, and the co-founder and chief operating officer at Tricity Equity Group, all while being an active-duty airman. His frugal ways, solid saving techniques, and entrepreneurial spirit allowed him to explore the multifamily investing space and build multiple streams of income along the way. Now in his 15 years of service, he has successfully reached financial independence and is looking to transition to a civilian career soon.
In this episode, Vince shares how he managed to create passive income and cash flow through multifamily investing, why personal development should be a constant thing, and how service members can best prepare for civilian life. Stay tuned!
About Vince Gethings:
Vincent has over seven years of multifamily investing experience and currently has 120 units valued at over $5M under management. He specializes in market research, due-diligence, strategic planning, project development, and execution. He recently held the position of Resource Advisor for the U.S Air Force, where he drafted and managed the operational funds and projects for a $1.4B enterprise.
He is finishing up on a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautics, holds a Green Belt in LEAN Six Sigma Process Improvement, and is completing the Real Estate Finance and Investment Certification from the prestigious REFM. Lastly, Vince lives out his passion for education as a real estate investment coach at the Wheelbarrow Profits Academy, founded by Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro. They have over 1,500 apartment units, which also aid as his mentors and advisors.
Advice to an 18-20-year old:
Find new friends! Hang out with winners who support you and your goals.
Recommended books: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
For an introduction to our hard money lender fill out this short form: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/hard-money-lender/
Outline of the Episode:
- [02:23] Being frugal and having great saving techniques while on active duty
- [03:26] Looking into real estate and multifamily as an alternative investing vehicle
- [05:23] Diving into the large multifamily space
- [08:37] The benefits of having coaches and being part of mastermind groups
- [12:25] How SkillBridge can help you transition from active duty to a civilian career
- [17:19] The importance of personal development and self-care
- [20:50] Hawaii’s strict COVID-19 restrictions and how it affects their economy
- [24:40] Turning your vision a reality through the right vehicle, mindset, and habits
- [29:56] Deciding to exit the military life
- [34:48] Putting roots down closer to the family after retirement
- [37:22] Having an entrepreneurial spirit when you’re in a structured job. It’s hard to strike a balance.
- [41:00] Achieving financial freedom while in the military is possible!
- [44:01] Vince’s advice for young service members
- [49:17] Why you should consider rereading books you’ve already finished before
- [52:44] The importance of having multiple streams of income
- Website – https://tricityequity.com/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/Honolulumultifamily/
- Email – [email protected]
- LinkedIn – com/in/vincent-gethings-50420a137
- Skill Bridge – https://dodskillbridge.usalearning.gov/
- Ryan Holiday – https://ryanholiday.net/
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod – https://miraclemorning.com/
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html
- Cashflow Quadrant – https://www.richdad.com/cashflow-quadrant
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034
- The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan – https://www.the1thing.com/
- The Honey Bee by Jake Stenziano and Gino Barbaro – https://jakeandgino.com/honeybee/
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George Samuel Clason & Dave Ramsey- https://www.daveramsey.com/store/product/the-richest-man-in-babylon
Follow our journey!
- Blog – https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/Frommilitarytomillionaire/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735593999901619/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/frommilitarytomillionaire/
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
My name is David Pere, I am an active duty Marine, and have realized that service members and the working class use the phrase “I don’t get paid enough” entirely too often. The reality is that most often our financial situation is self-inflicted. After having success with real estate investing, I started From Military to Millionaire to teach personal finance and real estate investing to service members and the working class.
As a result, I have helped many of my readers increase their savings gap, and increase their chances of achieving financial freedom! – Click here to SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Q3EvfE to the channel for more awesome videos!
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.