Episode 120: Trevor West on The Military Millionaire Podcast
Sign up to receive email updates
Enter your name and email address below and I'll send you periodic updates about the podcast.
Join David Pere and Trevor West as they talk about building wealth as a service member and having the power to choose through real estate investing.
Trevor is a veteran, multifamily investor, and CEO of HYVE Community Investments. In the last year, he has purchased 13 units while transitioning out of the military and getting his real estate license. And he’s done very well in all of it!
In this episode, Trevor shares some valuable lessons about things that he did during his transition from military to civilian life and practical ideas that will help you out as just an average everyday person.
About Trevor West:
A firm believer in the power to choose, Trevor West, CEO and visionary of HYVE Community Investments, creates foundational relationships and leads with positivity and a “treat people right” mentality.
Trevor is a MultiFamily real estate broker focused primarily on investment advisory and sales from single-family homes to commercial assets – all after eight years of service as an intelligence analyst in the United States Air Force.
Advice to an 18-20-year old:
Invest in Yourself!
Black Hole Focus: https://amzn.to/2JaScMe
For an introduction to our hard money lender fill out this short form: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/hard-money-lender/
Outline of the Episode:
- [03:36] Experiencing an extreme shift in mindset after a leg injury
- [05:21] Building financial literacy and taking action
- [09:06] Establishing your reputation as an investor
- [12:47] Buying properties from wholesalers using hard money
- [14:30] Why systems and processes are important. Make a checklist!
- [17:29] Getting a partner that compliments your strengths & weaknesses
- [20:10] Real estate – from contingency plan to primary option!
- [25:12] The advantage of being both a real estate investor and agent
- [29:03] Selling a property through an agent versus doing FSBO (For Sale By Owner)
- [32:56] Taking advantage of available career programs for service members
- [35:48] Starting HYVE Community Investments
- [41:59] Investing in yourself through education, personal development, fitness, and good health
- Website – https://hyveci.com/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/bettertrevor/
- LinkedIn – com/in/trevor-west1
- Best Ever Apartment Syndication Book by Joe Fairless and Theo Hicks – https://joefairless.com/book-3/
- The Hands-Off Investor by Brian Burke – https://store.biggerpockets.com/collections/all-books/products/the-hands-off-investor
- Black Hole Focus by Isaiah Hankel – https://www.isaiahhankel.com/book
Follow our journey!
- Blog – https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/Frommilitarytomillionaire/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1735593999901619/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/frommilitarytomillionaire/
Real Estate Investing Course: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/teachable-rei
Recommended books and tools: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/kit/
Become an investor: https://www.frommilitarytomillionaire.com/investor/
My name is David Pere, I am an active duty Marine, and have realized that service members and the working class use the phrase “I don’t get paid enough” entirely too often. The reality is that most often our financial situation is self-inflicted. After having success with real estate investing, I started From Military to Millionaire to teach personal finance and real estate investing to service members and the working class. As a result, I have helped many of my readers increase their savings gap, and increase their chances of achieving financial freedom! – Click here to SUBSCRIBE: https://bit.ly/2Q3EvfE to the channel for more awesome videos!
THIS SITE IS INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND OPERATED. ALL OPINIONS EXPRESSED HEREIN ARE MY OWN. THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS SITE ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR OR THE AUTHOR’S INVITED GUEST POSTERS, AND MAY NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, OR THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.